On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Stop Press.

Had a phone call from the Hospital this morning as we were getting ready to take cleo back. They had concerns about making transfers from the chair to the car etc. in this weather. It's pretty snowy here, and quite icy too.

Their words: "If you want her to stay till tomorrow or the day after you can"

My thoughts: "What a stupid ********* question."

So cleo is here with us for the day, and depending on the weather we will see what happens tomorrow. I might even treat the family to a chinese take away tonight. If they're good.

Let It Snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
When we finally kiss goodnight
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm
The fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

No comments: