On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Day 14 - Rush Rush

Woke this afternoon after about 5 hours sleep, feeling a little tired, but decided not to tell cleo that. She only worries.

So, having got ready for work it was off to the hospital, arriving about 3.30 with only an hour before I had to leave for work Hannah had been dropped there by her dad, and was waiting with cleo by the corridor to the ward. I had called the hospital earliert to say i would be there about three-thirty, but that doesn't stop her being impatient. Still, that's all part of what makes cleo the woman I love, so no problem there.

Off to the cafe for coffee, and cleo decided she needed a chocolate fix! So, madman that I am I get her a large supply of chocolate to go back to the ward. She'll probably have to diet after that lot.

Yet again she was in good spirits except that both last night and this morning I called the ward asking them to pass messages, neither of which she got. Now it's not that hard to walk to a bed and pass a message is it, and from the well being of a patient getting a call from someone can keep them interested, and content. I will have words tomorrow.

I know this last few days it seems like I am picking holes in the NHS and cleo's care. That's not really the case, except I do get the impression that some things are treated with less importance than they ought to be. Consideration for the mental state of the patient is just as important as the physical and sometimes those little things can make all the difference.

Tomorrow we have our meeting with the consultant and we hope to get some definitive answers about cleo's stroke, and a better idea of the timescale and plan which is in place for cleos treatment and rehabilitation. We do have some questions regarding what has gone before, and these, we all feel, will clear the air, depending on what the answers are, of course.

It was all a bit rushed today. I hate not having time to say the things I want to say to her. Traffic and work pressure dictated that today.

So I am here at work, and looking forward to getting home in the morning, when I will have a little more time to devote to cleo again until work again next friday. I do hate being away from her, and if I could I would be there 24 hours of every day.

These lyrics say it all of course.

"Look into my eyes, you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart, search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more
Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for you

Look into your heart, you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am, take my life
I would give it all, I would sacrifice
Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for you

There's no love like your love
And no other could give more love
There's nowhere unless you're there
All the time, all the way

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you, I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you, yeah,
I'd die for you
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for you"


'Nuff said.

No comments: