On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Day 34 - Home at Last

Well, we did it, and without too many dramas either. This morning, I went to the hospital and collected cleo, bringing her home to stay for four days; so it's Christmas at home!!

It really is amazing how much stuff one person can accumulate in just over 4 weeks: three trips to the car and a full back seat of things that cleo had at the hospital before we could leave, to get her home!

Having arrived safely, and being on our own (the girls are at their fathers till tomorrow) we have had a little time to reflect, and adjust at our pace to how we might do things. We will need to get organised, but that will come in time. This afternoon, as I had not slept since yesterday we just got into bed together, something we have not done for 5 weeks, and dozed the afternoon away. Just being close is enough, knowing we have the time.

Right now we have ordered in pizza for dinner, as the next couple of days will be all turkey and stuffing, so pizza was a good choice, that saved cooking too.

WE are sat here, right where cleo had her stroke on the 21st November, chatting, as we did that monday, and talking with friends on the pc's.

I am just happy that i have cleo here, and that a semblance of normality has returned to this house: and i am especially grateful that i do not have to drag myself to that accursed hospital over the holidays.

From This Moment

Shania Twain said it all in this great song.

(I just swear that I'll aways be there.
I'd give anything and everything and I will always care.
Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow,
for better or worse, I will love you with
every beat of my heart.)

From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on

From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'd give my last breath
From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you as long as I live
From this moment on

No comments: