On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Day 33 - The Longest Day

The post for Friday, which I am writing now on saturday morning at 0900 due to a failed internet connection at work, has been one of the longest days of my life.

Took Hannah to see cleo at lunchtime, as I had to leave for work at 4pm. cleo was in fine fettle, and we were expecting to get her home sometime Saturday afternoon. When I checked with the Sister on the ward she explained that there was no reason why cleo could not come home in the morning.

So, to run a day and a half together, I am at home now, after driving from my night's work, and as soon as this entry is made I shall go to the hospital to collect my dear cleo for the Christmas Holidays. I cannot wait.

All night I have been thinking of nothing else, and cleo was awake early too. She texted me at about 0530 this morning. Awake and waiting!

cleo has just sent me a text that says ""washed, dressed, and pills sorted"

So without further ado, I shall get to the hospital, and bring her home. I know it's only for four days, but after nearly 5 weeks, those four days will be so good.

I shall report the days events tonight.

No comments: