On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day 121 - Dinner Lady

WELL, wonder of wonders!

Those old aliens have relented! Had a call this morning from Melanie, the home physio. Mohammed has come up with some new exercises, and Melanie is coming tomorrow to start the new physio regime. Quite what that will involve we don't know of course, but I suppose we have to have an open mind.

As well as all that, cleo had her nails done again today, and came away from the nail bar with a set of pale silver tipped pearly nails, with white whispy patterns on them. Tomorrow she is having her hair done again, and her aim is to create highlights that will enhance her natural blonde. I think a picture may be in order once done.

As to daily life, cleo cooked the dinner tonight. I was having a mad spring cleaning day, and so while I was doing that she decided to make dinner. I think that was the first time she has cooked the dinner herself without help since the stroke, so that was a major milestone. It must have been good too, because we all enjoyed it! That is another measure of the strides forward that cleo 's determination has taken her. She could never have done that a month ago, because she would become too tired too quickly, or was less able to use one hand to do things in the kitchen, again this is about adaptability, and being able to use what you have to best effect, which is something which cleo improves on all the time.

I like having my Dinner lady back in the kitchen!

No comments: