On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Day 117 & 118 - Personal Demons.

We all have to face our own personal demons at certain times in our lives. However illogical or silly those fears may seem when you examine them in the cold light of day, they are very real when there is nobody there to help drive them away.

Of course, weekends for us revolve around me being at work, and the few hours each day when I am at home I am mostly asleep. CLEO seems to be having one of those weekends when the slightest twinge in any part of her body is the onset of some major disaster. As I say, I am sure these demons seem very real when you have to confront them alone, and yet we all must learn to try as best we can, to confront them and push them out of our minds. That is much easier said than done.

I do try to reassure cleo, and talk to her about this but when we are apart it is never so easy. To be able to hold her in my arms, and tell her it's alright is much the best way. Being 75 miles away at work creates a divide that few words can span effectively. I will drive home in the morning, we will have breakfast before I sleep, and all will be fine again. That doesn't help at 3am when we are apart though.

Such is life.

No comments: