On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Day 104 - It doesn't matter who makes the tea...

CLEO is normally awake early, and so on my way home this morning from work I waited till I was about 10 minutes from home, and sent her a text saying "Tea please, 10 minutes". I guessed that she would be awake and likely up and about.

Wrong!

Arriving through the front door I could hear her in the kitchen, and when I walked into the room there she was all flustered, with only a dressing gown half on, trying to get cups out of the dishwasher. Of course, she had been in bed, and when I sent my text she had to get up, get her dressing gown on , get down the stairs (which can take a few minutes on its own) and get to the kitchen to make the tea.

I have to say it was quite funny to see cleo in a state of semi-undress, all flustered and trying to hurry around the kitchen which is not possible for her as yet. I shall remember to give her more warning next time. I sat her down at the table, and made the tea myself, and we sat in the kitchen and enjoyed that first cuppa together.

It is just so uplifting to see this woman, struggling against her physical problems but so much wanting to do these little things for me, pushing herself for no reason than because I asked her to. It really doesn't matter who makes the tea, as long as we can always drink it together.

This is why I love her so much. Thank you my cleo, for loving me too.

Somebody had the radio on at work, and I heard this song, a real oldie, but a goodie nonetheless:

Loving you
Is easy because you're beautiful
Making love with you
Is all I want to do
Loving you
Is more than just a dream come true
And everything that I do
Is out of loving you

No one else can make me feel
The colours that you bring
Stay with me while we grow old
And we will live each day in spring time

Because loving you
Has made my life so beautiful
And every day of my life
Is filled with loving you
Loving you
I see your soul come shining through
And everytime that we
Oh I'm more in love with you

No comments: