On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Day 67 - Retail Therapy

We had arranged to miss physio today as james was busy and we had some things we wanted to do. I took cleo shopping, and we bought a load of new clothes for her. It was quite funny with her in the shop, pushing a wheelchair with cleo buried under a mountain of clothes. Still at the end cleo had a huge bag of new clothes, which no doubt we will see over the next few days and weeks.

Second on the agenda was the hairdressers. We have booked cleo to be "done" next week, she's going to get all blonde again, which we both like, and while they are doing that, a new set of nails too. The red christmas ones are coming off, and wedding ones will be replacing them!

Finally I went off to Moss Bros. to organise my wedding outfit (well you have to don't you) and it's a frock coat, and all the stuff to go with it. Don't you just love frock coats, and wing collar shirts?

Tomorrow we have physio early, but before that we are probably going to have to go to a local jeweller, because cleos ring, which we bought when I first came down here, and which I wear the same design, needs cutting off her finger.

Her left hand is quite badly swollen and the ring is cutting into her finger, so I think it's best for us to get it removed, and if needs be I will get her another one for the wedding.

This picture shows the rings which we both wear right now. A celtic knot style.

And of course tomorrow is Friday, so I have to work friday night. Still, the weekend goes fairly quickly and Monday comes around soon enough.

No comments: