On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Day 55 - Just the way you are

We had quite a nice afternoon when cleo's 2 brothers came to the house to visit her and we started the ball rolling on arrangements for the wedding, as everyone there was going to be involved.

Cleo had spent the day upstairs while I slept, and then we all sat downstairs for a while, which made a welcome break from the obvious boredom of spending a large majority of the weekend in the bedroom. In fact when I left for work she was still downstairs, and they promised that her brothers would get her upstairs when they were leaving, which would be the first time someone else has helped her up the stairs other than me. That was achieved without any problem, as i got a text on my way to work saying cleo was back in the bedroom.

I think the restful weekend times are good for cleo right now, because the weeks are very busy. She must not get overtired, and that couple of days doing very little gives her time to recuperate from the the monday to friday exertions, even if she does get a little bored.

She seems to be showing some little improvement each day, nothing major, but a combination of both physical well being and emotional state too. For me this is very pleasing. There are still a few demons she needs to exorcise though; this morning she was suggesting that she may never get back to how she was, and that it was more like having a child around than an adult. I soon put a stop to those thoughts! It's important that we think of the positives, and look to regain what we can from this, not to see what we might have lost. We have so much to look forward to this year, and being pessimistic is not the way.

Just the way you are.

I fell in love with cleo for better or for worse (is there a marriage reference there somewhere?) and this is all part of her and what makes cleo the wonderful woman she is, and always will be. She has not changed at all, as far as I am concerned; I still see the love she has for me, and I try to give that back to her in whatever way I can. So, to cleo i say, don't go changing....I love you just the way you are.

Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore

I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are.

I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
What will it take till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you.

I said I love you and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart
I could not love you any better
I love you just the way you are.

Billy Joel

I think that just about sums it up.

2 comments:

His Bitch said...

Thank you my Master. i love you more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

cleo My sister you know full well My feelings for you & MG, I have one comment.........if I have to wear shoes in June then we are gonna have "You are my world " played as you walk down the isle........Deal ?

Alan.