On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Day 86 - My wife and I...

Big day today.

We were all up early, rushing round like you do, the girls fighting to get in the shower, and breakfast all cooked and eaten before 9am. Rose came round to do the girls', and cleo's hair and worked her magic on Hannah and Sarah, and then on cleo too.

With people coming and going in the house this morning, it was mayhem most of the time, and a few stressed moments were in there too, but we left on time, and arrived at the registry office to be met by many of the guests who had already arrived.

The ceremony was very nicely done, and quite an emotional one too. cleo says she has trouble stopping the tears once she starts, and that happened several times through the proceedings, but she assured me they were tears of joy.


Mr and Mrs


When we were officially pronounced "Mr and Mrs" by the registrar I have to say it was a great moment for me. This woman, a shining example to us all of courage, fighting spirit and determination had dragged herself from paralysis and an inability to talk just 12 weeks ago, through sheer hard work and determination into a radiant and smiling bride. I am so happy that she agreed to marry me, because this day will stay with me always.

The reception was highlighted by Sarah making a wonderful speech to welcome me into their family. Emotional and heartfelt it certainly was and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house as she spoke her words. Well done Sarah! Thank you.


Of course it was also a very tiring day for cleo, and by the time we left the reception at 3.30pm she was shattered. We had arranged to meet her brother for dinner at his hotel this evening, and so a couple of hours sleep at home before helped recharge her batteries for the evening.

I would like to say thank you to everyone for helping to make this a very special day for me and cleo. To Hannah and Sarah, you are the family which i never had before, and while I may be a bit of a grump sometimes I love you both as if you were my own. To all the family and friends who took the time to come along and support us, and who have helped enormously in many ways to make this wedding possible, again we thank you.

Finally I would like to say thank you my cleo, for loving me like you do, i can ask for no more.
Our love for each other is a constant, it runs through everything we do, and everything we are. That will never change.

No comments: