On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day 83 - Anticipation..

As always, Saturday is a nothing day really, with getting home in the morning from work, and trying to get some sleep before work again on Saturday night, virtually everything goes by the board. That's how it was today with one very notable exception.

I arrived home at 8am this morning and Sarah was waiting for a lift to work, which is only 5 minutes drive, so without coming into the house I took her to work, returning about 8.15. When i got to the house the front door was open, and as I walked in I heard sizzling from the kitchen. You guessed, cleo was up, and downstairs cooking breakfast. She looked so pleased with herself for doing that, with a great big smile all over her face. We sat in the kitchen eating breakfast, and chatting for an hour before I went to sleep.

Nice one girl!

Of course the anticipation is building for Tuesday and it's the main thought in all our minds right now. Two more nights at work and then we can all focus on the wedding.

I am sure it will be a great day and I am looking forward to being able to say cleo is my wife; it will be the culmination of four and a half tough years, not least the last 3 months. Roll on Tuesday.

No comments: