On monday 21st November 2005 my partner cleo had a stroke. Since then we are bashing our heads against all the problems of rehabilitation and care that most people never encounter.This blog will be a record of our road to recovery and the thoughts I have along the way.....

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Day 150 - Bouncing Back!

We had a good physio session with James today, cleo really pushed herself, and I was so pleased to note that there seemed little of the emotional down left from yesterday. I think James was too! He has given cleo some arm exercises to continue working with in her own time, and I am sure she will get something from those.

Other than that, its 150 days since the stroke. Now, in the overall scheme of recovery time from a stroke that may not be too long, although I have said before it seems an age on some days, and on others like it has flown by in the wink of an eye.

What i can say is that cleo is a fighter, and I know that she will not give up. She has huge reserves of mental strength, even though she doubts herself quite a lot. For many people the severity of the stroke she suffered would have kept them in hospital for longer, and they would be nowhere near the level of recovery which she is at after this time.

Good girl, keep going. It will all be right in the end!

No comments: